If you do not receive email notifications from the BoldDesk, check the following things to determine the causes:
- Ensure that you have enabled email notifications for the tested event. To ensure this, navigate to Admin > Email Notifications.
- To replicate an email-like experience in the BoldDesk, emails are not sent to agents for their own updates. Customers, on the other hand, will receive emails in response to their own updates.
- Agents will not be notified of new tickets until they are assigned to them.
- Make sure you have at least one valid support email address in your BoldDesk Portal that is Verified.
- If you are added your own custom email address, make sure it is verified. If it is not verified, it cannot be used to send email.
- To avoid spam emails, email providers validate all incoming emails’ identities to determine whether they are spam or not. Configure DKIM Keys for your Custom Emails to avoid spam filters and improve email deliverability. More information about configuring DKIM keys can be found in this article.
- If your emails are still not delivered after configuring DKIM keys, try using outside emails like Gmail or Outlook to ensure that they are not delivered to your organizational emails alone such as, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are receiving the emails in your outside organization emails, this means that your organization’s email firewalls are restricting the BoldDesk emails. Please contact your network administrator and request to allow the BoldDesk emails.
- If emails are received for all email addresses but not for a specific email address, they must be blocked. BoldDesk keeps a blacklisted email list based on the previous email bounce or complaint logs to maintain a high email reputation. You can contact the BoldDesk team to unblock these emails.
If you are still having issues and cannot figure out the reasons for not receiving email notifications, please contact us via our Support portal or via email at email@example.com.