Auto assignment rule routes the incoming tickets to a specific team/group in the organization based on ticket attributes.
It uses Round-robin logic to distribute the tickets evenly among the agents in a group.
The following are some of the benefits of the auto-assignment rule:
- Assists automatically assigning tickets to agents, saving supervisors or coordinators time.
- Checks the availability of the agents before making an assignment so that assigning tickets to an unavailable agent can be avoided.
- Prevents an agent from being overloaded, by equal distribution.
- Prevents agents from cherry-picking the tickets.
- Finally, it reduces the waiting time of customers.
Creating an auto assignment rule
Follow the given steps to create an auto assignment rules:
- Select the Admin module.
- Choose Auto Assignment from the Automation menu.
- Click Add Rule.
- Enter the rule name and description on the create rule screen.
- Choose the required fields from the list to frame a condition for determining the tickets to which the rule will be applied.
- Click Add new condition to include a new condition.
6. Click Next and select the group you wish to route the ticket to.
- Add CCs, if you need to notify others in the organization.
- Click Update to save the rule.
- The rule will be executed when a ticket is created or updated.
- For the assignment, one active and available agent from the given group will be chosen.
- The rule will not be triggered if a group/agent is already assigned to the ticket.
- The the first matching rule will be applied to a ticket.
- You have the option to move the rules to a different position.