The web form allows you to embed the Contact Form support in your company’s website or Help Center. The user can create a ticket using the web form, and the created tickets will be shown in both the agent and customer portals.
Note: The web form is fully brand based, and you are allowed to create multiple web forms for a single brand.
How to add a new web form
To add a new web form, follow the given steps:
- Open the Web Forms module.
- Click the Add Web Form button on the right side.
It has three sections,
- Name and Brand section – Allows you to choose the web form’s name and brand.
- Form Option – Allows you to choose the form type, such as a simple contact form or a simple contact form with ticket fields, as well as other properties, such a file attachment, Google reCAPTCHA, etc.
- Submit Button – Allows you to customize the submit button styles.
- Advanced Customization – Allows you to add Custom CSS and Custom JS.
There are two types of form options.
- Contact form – Shows basic fields (Name, Email, Phone Number, Subject, and Description)
- Contact form with ticket fields – Shows the above basic fields, along with all custom and system fields that are mapped to the chosen brand.
Note: The contact form only displays the ticket fields that are set to be visible in the customer portal. Field dependency and Field display condition are also applicable.
- Form Title – The text that appears as the form title.
- Form Description – The text that appears as the form description.
- Footer Message – The text that appears in the form footer.
- Confirmation Message – The text shown after the creation of a successful ticket.
Submit Button Customization
The submit button customization allows you to customize the following fields.
- Name – The text that appears in the submit button.
- Background Color – Allows you to choose the submit button background color.
- Text Color – Allows you to choose the submit button text color.
- The form height property allows you to set the webform’s height.
Apart from this, there are a few other options you can enable/disable on the form:
- You have an option to enable GDPR consent in forms.
- You can allow users to attach files while submitting the form. When attachments are enabled, the end user can attach up to five files.
- Enable Google reCAPTCHA for preventing spam.
The advanced customization allows you to add Custom CSS and Custom JS, which help to overwrite the styles and script.
The embed code is shown in the dialog after the web form has been successfully created. You can copy the embed code and embed it into your help center or website.
You can also find the embed code on the web form’s list page.
Permission for creating a web form
For creating a new web form, you should enable the Manage settings permission.