To add a new ticket custom field to a ticket form, follow the given steps:
- Go to the Ticket Fields module.
- Click the Add Ticket Field button on the right.
Consider the following while creating a new custom field
- Field Type – You can create a ticket field (Custom field) using the following custom field types.
- Textbox (single line)
- Textbox (multi-line)
- Date Time
- Dropdown (single-select)
- Dropdown (multi-select)
- Label for Agent Portal – This is the name of the field that appears in the create ticket form and ticket properties of the agent portal.
- Label for Customer Portal – This is the name of the field that appears in the create ticket form and ticket properties of the customer portal.
- API Name – You can specify an API name for the custom field by providing the API name to a specific field, you can fetch or update the corresponding field data using this name via Rest APIs.
- Note Message – Specifies a help information text for the field.
- Note Message Display – Displays the note message below the field or as an info icon near the field.
- Below field – The note message is shown below the created field.
- As an Info near the field – The info icon has been added near the field, when you hover over the info icon, the note message appears as a tooltip.
Field Display Condition
Field Configuration in the Agent Portal
Specifies the field visibility and mandatory status for the custom field.
- By checking or unchecking the Agent can edit option, you can control the field’s visibility. If it’s unchecked, the custom field will only appear as a read-only field on the ticket detail properties.
- You can make a field mandatory when creating, updating, closing/solving a ticket, or both.
Note: If Agent can edit is unchecked, you cannot make a custom field mandatory.
- When the Agent can edit box is unchecked, the field on the ticket properties is displayed as read-only.
Field Configuration in the Customer Portal
The field configuration for the customer portal can be set similarly to the agent portal.
- If the Visible to user option is unchecked, the custom field will not be visible on the customer portal.
- If the User can edit option is unchecked, the custom field in the customer portal will only appear as a read-only field in the ticket detail properties.
- You can set a field mandatory by checking or unchecking the mandatory option.
Note: If the User can edit unchecked, you cannot make a custom field mandatory.
Dropdown Option Value
The option values for the dropdown type custom field can be added as strings. If there are multiple values, use a comma to separate them to add.
- Options values can be renamed or deleted.
- After an option value is deleted, it cannot be restored.
- Options value can be dragged and dropped for sorting. You can also sort in alphabetic order.
- A default value for the dropdown option can be set, such that its value can be filled by default when a form is loaded in the agent or customer portal.
Note: You can also configure field dependency for the dropdown or multi-select fields. Please see this article to learn how to set up field dependency.
- The field created will not be automatically added to a ticket form.
- By Using the ticket forms module, you can map the created field to a respective brand form.
- After creating a ticket field, you can edit the field name, but the type of the field cannot be changed.
Adding custom fields to a ticket form
Adding fields to ticket forms can be accomplished in two ways, namely.
- Adding a new field.
- Adding the existing fields from the ticket fields module.
Adding Existing Fields
To add an existing field, follow the given steps
- Go to the Ticket Forms module.
- Click the Add Field button on the right and select Existing.
- A dialog will appear with the list of all the existing ticket fields. Select multiple fields to be added on the form and then click Add.
Note: The fields will be added to the selected brand.
Adding New Fields
To add a new field, follow the given steps below.
- Go to the Ticket Forms module.
- Click the Add Field button on the right and select New.
Note: The new ticket field will be added to the ticket fields module as well as the ticket forms for the selected brand.
The created field “Country” will appear on the create ticket form.
Note: For reordering, fields drag and drop a field in the form, some system fields are fixed and cant is reordered.
Permission for adding a new custom field
To add a new custom field, you must enable the Manage fields and forms permission.