To add a new contact group custom field, follow the given steps:
- Go to the Contact Group Fields module.
- Click the Add Contact Group Field button on the right.
Consider the following while creating a new custom field:
- Field Type – You can create a contact group field (Custom field) using the following custom field types:
- Textbox (single line)
- Textbox (multi-line)
- Date Time
- Dropdown (single-select)
- Dropdown (multi-select)
- Label for Agent Portal – This is the name of the field that appears in the contact group form in the agent portal.
- API Name – You can specify an API name for the custom field. By providing the API name to a specific field, you can fetch or update the corresponding data.
- Note Message – Specifies an information text for the field.
- Note Message Display – Displays the note message below the field or as an info icon near the field.
- Below field – The note message is shown below the created field.
- Info icon near the field – The info icon has been added near the field, when you hover over the info icon, the note message appears as a tooltip.
Field display condition
By using the field display condition, you can show a field only when the specified conditions are met. To know how to configure field display condition, please refer to this article.
Field configuration – Agent Portal
Specifies the field visibility and mandatory status for the custom field.
- By checking or unchecking the Agent can edit option, you can control the field’s visibility. If it’s unchecked, the custom field will appear as a read-only field on the edit contact group form.
- You can make a field mandatory when submitting the form.
Note: If the Agent can edit option is unchecked, you cannot make a custom field mandatory.
Dropdown option values
The option values for the dropdown type custom field can be added as strings here. If there are multiple values, use a comma to separate them.
- Option values can be renamed or deleted.
- After an option value is deleted, it cannot be restored.
- Option values can be dragged and dropped for sorting. You can also sort in alphabetical order.
- A default value for the dropdown option can be set, such that its value can be filled by default, when a form is loaded in the agent or customer portal.
Note: You also configure field dependency for the dropdown/multiselect fields. Please see this article, to learn how to set up field dependency.
Permission for adding a new contact field
To add a new custom field, you should enable the Manage fields and forms permission.