The subdomain of your BoldDesk portal can be changed by following the given guidelines.
Considerations before changing your subdomain
- You will not be able to access the portal using the old URL. The redirection set up for the old URL from the BoldDesk side is unavailable.
- If another user takes your old URL, you cannot reclaim it.
- You should reconfigure your email forwarding and single sign-on settings to use the new URL.
- All ticket links, including file attachments and images, may appear broken in sent emails.
- If you have only OAuth or OpenID login enabled and only one brand active, you should enable a social or form login before changing subdomains.
To change the subdomain, follow the given steps:
- Go to Agent Portal > Admin Module > Customer Portal > General.
- Select the brand for which the subdomain should be changed, from the brands dropdown list.
- After selecting the required brand, click the Change button to change the brand’s subdomain. The dialog box appears.
- Enter the required subdomain and click the Update button to change the custom domain for your brand.